A deck is a great outdoor feature that can add character, style, versatility and value to any property. Your deck could be a place to host parties and family gatherings, dine “al fresco,” relax in a hot tub or grow your little herb garden – the possibilities are endless!
Have your deck built by professional Maryland deck builders
You should decide on the purpose of your deck before moving on to the design stage. For example, if you’d like to place a hot tub in the corner, you will need a deck structurally strong enough to support it. Some other factors to consider:
Low Maintenance Railings & Decks
The maintenance factor is very important, because it defines how much time you are willing to spend taking care of your deck. Many people ask us about low-maintenance options, and we are happy to say we can help.
- We build low-maintenance decks using composite and solid core PVC, vinyl and composite railings and fascia, pressure treated pine framing, arch and wrap beams and other tricks of the trade.
- Our decks are warranted for 20-25 years, but they tend to last even longer.
- The only maintenance you’ll have to perform is a power wash with a fungicide for PVC and a wash with a high pressure nozzle for vinyl once a year.
- Fiberon Horizon and Azek products have earned popularity with our customers for such qualities as resistance to mold, stain, fade and scratch.
Traditional Hardwood Decks
Hardwood is still a common choice for many of our customers who prefer authentic look and wood’s warm feel and unique grain.
- Not all hardwood is suitable for decks. We recommend Mahogany, Ipe, Massaranduba or Tigerwood, because they are least affected by various weather conditions and work well for outdoor use.
- Depending on the species, we use various methods to seal the surface and enhance hardwood’s weather resistance. These methods may include sanding all sides and treating them with acetone, waxing end grains, second coting exposed parts after installation, etc.
- Hardwood decks can last a lifetime and don’t require a lot of maintenance.
Deck Evaluation and Renovation
If you already have a deck but think it needs some updating, we are happy to help. Our Maryland deck builders will evaluate your deck and determine how they can enhance the structure and help you get the most use out of your outdoor space.
Depending on how far you are willing to go, we can completely dispose of the old structure and redo or leave the framing and retrofit. Before we lay new decking on the old frame, we always make sure that the structure is strong enough to support new materials. If it’s not, we’ll advise you to opt for a complete remodel.